UGANDA Macadamia Project
At the heart of the project are 430 smallholder farmers. They form a large cooperative in western Uganda. The cooperative is divided into four projects, each of which grows different products, forms a spatial unit and is under the management of the cooperative.
Macadamia nuts have a delicate, buttery flavor and a creamy texture. They are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber, but low in carbohydrates and sugar.
Macadamia nuts contain healthy monounsaturated fats and are a good source of antioxidants.
Last year, Uganda’s Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) began promoting macadamia as one of the country’s new priority crops.
Through extensive training and the acquisition of better agricultural inputs, newer mechanical equipment and improved technology, betterECO Foundation e.V. aims to help improve the incomes of rural households in western Uganda by promoting the cultivation, production, processing and marketing of high quality macadamia nuts for the export market. Special attention is given to the adapted mechanization of the cracking of the nuts, as this is the key to success.
The betterECO Foundation e.V. will make the following investments with the help of your donations:
– Acquisition of inputs (seeds, seedlings)
– Purchase of mechanization equipment
– Improvement of agricultural production technology
– Harvest and post-harvest management
* You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. Your data will then be deleted immediately. Otherwise, the data will be deleted as soon as the storage purpose no longer applies. This is usually the case when your request has been processed. Your data will not be passed on to third parties without a legal justification or legal obligation.