UGANDA Cardamom Project
At the heart of the project are 430 smallholder farmers. They form a large cooperative in western Uganda. The cooperative is divided into four projects, each of which grows different products, forms a spatial unit and is under the management of the cooperative.
The spice grows well at altitudes of 900 to 1300 meters, in a warm and humid climate. Heavy rainfall and good shade are essential for the growth of cardamom. Therefore, the optimal growing conditions are found in the mountain rainforest in Uganda. To promote the extensive cultivation of cardamom is therefore to protect the virgin forest.
Cardamom has a sweet, burning taste and a very distinctive spicy smell. Because of its many uses, it has a reputation as the “Queen of Spices”.
Cardamom is one of the most expensive spices in the world, right after saffron and vanilla. It is used as a spice and flavoring for food and liquors, as well as in medicine. It is therefore ideal for export
The betterECO Foundation will use your donations to fund projects that focus on increasing farm-level agricultural production and productivity for both smallholder and large-scale farmers, and that take into account the changing climate situation in Uganda. Funds are designated for:
– Acquisition of farm inputs
– Acquisition of mechanization equipment
– Improvement of agricultural production technology
– Support for general agricultural activities
– Harvest and post-harvest management
* You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. Your data will then be deleted immediately. Otherwise, the data will be deleted as soon as the storage purpose no longer applies. This is usually the case when your request has been processed. Your data will not be passed on to third parties without a legal justification or legal obligation.